jacobmake

I have creative ADD

jacobmake header image 2

Jericho Thunder does not exist

July 27th, 2010 · 18 Comments · Uncategorized

UPDATE: Were you also clowned by an ‘advertisement’ Rolling Stone expecting to find some awesome band called ‘Jericho Thunder’?. I feel a little silly, I admit. I’ve always looked at those fake articles pimping some product with ‘advertisement’ in fine print at the top, and said “who could fall for that?”. I guess me. I usually skim Rolling Stone on the crapper, and if there is a band I’ve never heard of I’ll go look it up. And this super-band turns out to be a flipping ad…. I’m a little pissed at you Verizon. I have been the victim of a Verizon Mind Crime.

— original post below —

I’m calling it early. Something smells fishy about the recent article I read in Rolling Stone.

Rolling Stone recently covered a band called Jericho Thunder. They were given the most glowing review I’ve ever read in the magazine. There is one problem… They don’t seem to exist! This is the only result I found relating to Jericho Thunder.

Think about it, a BAND, with no website. No MySpace, no iTunes, no Facebook, no YouTube……

I’m calling bullshit. What do you think?

Tags: ·····

18 responses so far ↓

• 1 steve-o // Jul 27, 2010 at 6:24 pm

WTF-Got my RS in the mail and did my usual trolling around on the Internet for new music based on reviews. Indeed a glowing write-up with absolutely nothing out there on the Internet. Very peculiar especially since they tore him a new asshole on his alleged debut album which you think would have spurred some conversation on the web. I even thought RS mis-spelled dudes names trying different varitions on an internet search…nada.

If it’s Verzion Center in DC I don’t even see him on the bill from previous concerts.

Hit me up if you find anything about this mysterious Jericho Thunder

• 2 steve-o // Jul 27, 2010 at 6:28 pm

stupid Verizon/Inception ad. Eff U Verizon and your crafty ways.

• 3 Brent // Jul 27, 2010 at 6:37 pm

I smell a viral campaign!

• 4 jacobmake // Jul 28, 2010 at 10:01 am

ahh, so this is an Inception thing? I haven’t seen it yet. I did go back to the can to finish the magazine and noticed “Advertisement” at the top of the article. Guess I got clowned by Verizon. Getting clowned is not really a positive brand experience. Thanks for wasting my time Verizon! I’ll rule my own air, thx.

• 5 sheena marie // Jul 28, 2010 at 11:50 pm

I have had the same problem! Google led me to you. I don’t get it!

• 6 maximuoo // Jul 29, 2010 at 12:46 am

just walked down the same path…wtf Verizon, how is that a good marketing technique. I was pumped for the “rock album of the decade.”

• 7 Dirty Knives // Jul 29, 2010 at 1:31 am

Look at the page to the right of the “review.” It’s a Verizon add. Also, at the top of the page of the “review,” it distinctly reads, “advertisement.”

• 8 JT Thunder // Jul 29, 2010 at 7:50 am

Check out http://www.myspace.com/jerichothunder , http://www.jerichothunder.com , and http://www.twitter.com/jerichothunder ! Enjoy the truth!! :0)

• 9 jacobmake // Jul 29, 2010 at 10:02 am

@Dirty Knives yeah, got it. I feel a little silly but I guess that was the intended “Mind Crime” effect. Still, it looks like a nuisance for a lot of people.

• 10 jacobmake // Jul 29, 2010 at 10:03 am

@ JT Thunder, well at least someone is getting some traction from this crafty ad. Your smart to capitalize on it.

• 11 rxman // Aug 3, 2010 at 1:20 pm

It is hard to imagine, with such a glowing article in Rolling Stone you can’t find anything about Jericho Thunder on the net. I have been around along time, too long, have seen hundreds of bands, but I can’t find anything about this band. Something not sounding right!

• 12 Tommy // Aug 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm

That’s hillarious. I remember reading that and thinking I should look it up. Should have known.

• 13 Joe // Aug 9, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Wow, this is ridiculous! I was genuinely excited to hear “Enter the Human Mind” and “Listen for the Truth”

• 14 Joe // Aug 9, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Has anyone used their Verizon phone with ScanLife to read the bar code from the ad on the following page? My guess is it reads, “Jericho Thunder doesn’t exist, learn more about mind crime at http://www.stealyourmoney.com

• 15 jeff // Aug 16, 2010 at 1:28 pm

funny. i scan RS looking for interesting new acts. i saw this one and did a search which led me to this page. so – this is an ad? what is the motive and why would verizon risk backlash by duping potential customers?

• 16 gooch // Aug 22, 2010 at 4:03 pm

i have been a rs subsriber for 3 years . I expect honesty from a mag that has had a platform of sticking it to the man and being the voice of the man for us who can not be thre to watch look and especially listen. I tried to watch and listen but nothing on Jericho Thunder. You deceptive, sell out M#@%^&F’s$$$$$$.

• 17 Patrick // Aug 24, 2010 at 2:44 am

Certainly ditto to most all of the JT posts. I’ve been duped by RS!

• 18 Lien // Aug 29, 2010 at 7:39 pm

This is so funny. I do feel a little silly.